[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.25.4″ text_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”text_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ text_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” text_text_shadow_vertical_length=”text_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ text_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” text_text_shadow_blur_strength=”text_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ text_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” link_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”link_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ link_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” link_text_shadow_vertical_length=”link_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ link_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” link_text_shadow_blur_strength=”link_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ link_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” ul_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”ul_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ ul_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” ul_text_shadow_vertical_length=”ul_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ ul_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” ul_text_shadow_blur_strength=”ul_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ ul_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” ol_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”ol_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ ol_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” ol_text_shadow_vertical_length=”ol_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ ol_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” ol_text_shadow_blur_strength=”ol_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ ol_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” quote_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”quote_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ quote_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” quote_text_shadow_vertical_length=”quote_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ quote_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” quote_text_shadow_blur_strength=”quote_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ quote_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” header_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”header_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” header_text_shadow_vertical_length=”header_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” header_text_shadow_blur_strength=”header_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” header_2_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”header_2_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_2_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” header_2_text_shadow_vertical_length=”header_2_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_2_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” header_2_text_shadow_blur_strength=”header_2_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_2_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” header_3_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”header_3_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_3_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” header_3_text_shadow_vertical_length=”header_3_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_3_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” header_3_text_shadow_blur_strength=”header_3_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_3_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” header_4_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”header_4_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_4_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” header_4_text_shadow_vertical_length=”header_4_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_4_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” header_4_text_shadow_blur_strength=”header_4_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_4_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” header_5_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”header_5_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_5_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” header_5_text_shadow_vertical_length=”header_5_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_5_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” header_5_text_shadow_blur_strength=”header_5_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_5_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” header_6_text_shadow_horizontal_length=”header_6_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_6_text_shadow_horizontal_length_tablet=”0px” header_6_text_shadow_vertical_length=”header_6_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_6_text_shadow_vertical_length_tablet=”0px” header_6_text_shadow_blur_strength=”header_6_text_shadow_style,%91object Object%93″ header_6_text_shadow_blur_strength_tablet=”1px” box_shadow_horizontal_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_vertical_tablet=”0px” box_shadow_blur_tablet=”40px” box_shadow_spread_tablet=”0px” z_index_tablet=”500″]
Community Manager – NPC – Hot Springs, AR
Position Category: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
Servitas Management Group (SMG) holds the Community Manager (CM) responsible for the overall management of the community and student housing facility at National Park College. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, fiscal oversight; facility maintenance and repair; capital project planning and implementation; programming and staff development; occupancy management; communication and collaboration with the institution; leasing plans and oversight; and human resource management of employees. A strong focus on resident experience is essential to the overall achievements of the student housing community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
- On site coordination, communication and liaison with the University/College, Administration and Finance, Housing and Residence Life Department, Student Affairs Departments and ownership group.
- Represent and provide information to the owner, University/College, auditors, state/county/city housing stakeholders, and SMG home office staff via email, phone and meetings.
- Maintains regular liaison with University. Remains attuned to university timelines, calendars, standards and programs. Enhances relationship with the University through periodic meetings and activities.
- Work in cooperation with University offices related to staff training, marketing, lease language, policy enforcement, safety, and conferences.
- Fiscal oversight, including operating and capital budgets, variance reporting, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections oversight.
- Creates, revises, and monitors the community’s operating and capital budgets. Ensure that all line items fall within budgeted expectations and creates contingency plans for unexpected expenses.
- Ensure the monthly collection and processing of rent including accounting entries, bank deposits, and delinquency management.
- Manage operating and capital budgets including but not limited to development and presentation of the annual budget, planning for unexpected expenses, tracking and approving expenditures, submitting monthly budget variance report, reconciling accounts, and communicating with the corporate accountant.
- Provide oversight of the accounts payable area including processing invoices for payment, tracking expenditures, holding down costs and providing reports regarding expenditures.
- Manages any summer business program necessary to meet the objectives of the business plan
- Supervise all the hiring, training, termination, development, and motivation of staff.
- Recruit, hire and train activities for staff ensuring all new hires have background checks, complete appropriate paperwork, receive passwords for systems, IDs, nametags, etc. Coordinate appropriate training sessions for all levels of staff on topics such as benefits, sexual harassment, ethics, etc.
- Supervise and evaluate professional and student staff (direct and indirect reporting) as well as maintain personnel documentation. Conduct regular performance reviews; hold staff accountable; and address complaints and resolve employee issues.
- Approves the staff payroll.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Conducts regular 1 on 1 meetings with direct reports.
- Maintain daily contact with staff as appropriate.
- Provide professional staff with career development opportunities.
- Ensure all staff are operating within policies and procedures.
Leasing and Marketing:
- Collaborates with the property and corporate sales teams to develop marketing plans and sales strategies to achieve budgeted occupancy.
Vendor Relations and Negotiations:
- Contract interpretation and enforcement.
- Source, negotiate and engage services and products from vendors, coordinate new vendor setup, monitor contracts for compliance, and manage relationships with vendors.
- Supervises community vendors and contractors.
- Manage vendor/contractor relationships including negotiating for the most cost-efficient and high-quality services and monitoring vendor activities for contract compliance.
Facilities and Maintenance:
- Facility maintenance, including preventative scheduled maintenance, capital project planning and management, crisis mitigation and turn over planning and execution.
- Ensures follow-through on capital projects
- Creates and manages a responsive facilities management program, which includes quick response time, low call back volume, an aggressive preventative maintenance program, and a well-regulated housekeeping and grounds keeping program.
- Conducts weekly site inspections of all interior and exterior areas of the community with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure an ongoing high quality of care.
- Coordinate smooth transition from move out to move in.
- Oversee facility management program including an active preventive maintenance plan, maintenance ticket system, well-regulated housekeeping and grounds-keeping plan, inventory control and assess management, and continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Manage “turn” of student rooms with efficient and student friendly processes.
Maintain Community Standards and Safety
- Enforce community lease policies while providing unparalleled customer service
- Understand and abide by management agreement
- Manage legal issues and various aspects of risk
- Be familiar with the general maintenance policies and procedures and be available to assist in after-hours maintenance emergencies
- Assist in keeping the community clean by surveying common areas regularly, reporting any concerns and/or helping with the cleanup when necessary
- Report any life safety hazard or maintenance concerns encountered while on or off duty.
- All staff, including the SVP, COO, and CEO is expected to pick up trash when it is present to maintain the property curb appeal of the property
- Develops a Capital Improvement plan and a Preventative Maintenance Plan to maintain the value of the property.
- Develops and executes events and activities that foster an enjoyable and positive environment for residents in coordination with the Leasing and Marketing Manager, Director of Residence Life and/or the Assistant Community Manager.
- Establish programs to promote educational, physical, and social objectives.
- Maintains a highly interactive approach with residents.
- Resolves problems to ensure customer satisfaction
Perform Administrative Tasks:
- Complete and submit required reports by deadlines set by supervisor.
- Supply orders, reporting, process design and execution, asset management.
- Assumes accountability for the management and administrative operation of the facility, office management, staff supervision, selection, training and evaluation, staff development and policy enforcement.
- Assists in the establishment of the goals and objectives of the site in conjunction with the Regional Director.
- Performs administrative duties such as weekly and monthly reports, annual budget development, and purchase and supply requisitions.
- Document all incidents and the appropriate follow-up and communicates to the appropriate personnel immediately when incidents occur.
- Oversees the assessment, identification, and appropriate response to the needs of the residents to include policy assessment, recommendations, and implementation of approved policy changes.
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports per management agreement
- Create and distribute status reports including weekly operations, work order, occupancy, financial and/or other assigned reports.
Be a Team Player:
- Encourage positive attitude for and abide by SMG missions and values
- Model and encourage a “whatever it takes” attitude among staff
- Participate in all staff training and orientation
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude and manner in all work relationships
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in student housing, multifamily housing, or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Preferred
- Crisis response and management
- PC Literacy (Microsoft office products)
- Property Management Software knowledge
Communicate, facilitate, and collaborate with diverse audiences, ranging from students, parents, and professional networks to property administration and University staff.
Ability to read, write, collaborate, analyze, and interpret general business policies and manuals, safety procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, parents, prospective tenants, university officials, vendors, and the public. Broad leadership skills including a visionary, detail-oriented, and highly collaborative work style, and the ability to strategically facilitate change and incorporate innovative practices into the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar and line graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to ascertain RD, RA, or resident issues and come up with a solution that is in the best interest of all involved. Proactive, evidence based, solution focused, innovative, flexible, adaptable, open to change. A decision maker who solicits feedback and new perspectives from across the community and provides context and rationale for decisions. A desire and ability to think strategically and grow the program, with the ability to help lead a cultural shift within the organization as related to current staff and student needs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. In addition to regular work schedule (shadow University offices), this position requires night and weekend activities. Frequently the position requires 40 hours of work per week. The CM is available by cell phone at all times unless arrangements are made with a supervisor. The CM is required to serve in an after hours on call role shared with other full-time employees at the community.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.25.4″ z_index_tablet=”500″][gravityforms title=false id=3][/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]