Position Category: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Property Marketing and Leasing
Position Summary: Develop and maintain company and property branding and design for marketing efforts and communication pieces. This position provides creative solutions that support all corporate and site level design needs and is responsible for concept development, design, and production of print and online materials. The person filling this role will be knowledgeable of on-going and upcoming trends in print, on-line and other marketing mediums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
General Job Duties:
- Work with existing templates to resize, update copy, change pictures and adjust layout
- Balance tight deadlines with great design
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize projects
- Basic copywriting and editing knowledge
- Conceptualize, brainstorm and create new design campaigns that are eye catching while maintaining the brand
- Create templates for new marketing pieces requested from the corporate or property level
- Perform basic pre-print duties (creating print ready/hi-res PDFs)
- Review, verify and analyze messages and technical specs
- Adhere to existing style manuals, publication guidelines and university branding specifications
- Monitor current trends (design and non-design) and concepts as it relates to the college-age market
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Complete Creative Requests for properties by requested deadlines
- Work with properties to follow up on upcoming deadlines
- Working with properties to finalize content for requested artwork
- Well versed in design communication and possess strong conceptual skills
- Provide concepts and implementation of design on materials for Servitas properties and internal corporate departments that align with marketing strategies and adhere to branding guidelines
- Critical thinking that uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses or alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to design problems.
- Coordination and execution of creative and production process
- Excellent graphic design and layout skills with emphasis on color space balance and content flow
- Work with properties on branded social media content to ensure the integrity of each’s properties brand remains intact through training and guidance
- Responsible for the creative concept, design, and production of marketing materials, website ux/ui, digital advertisements, event collateral, email templates, social media content, and all support material as needed
- Generate engaging layouts and designs used to promote each property
- Create user experiences that engage target audiences and drive them to specific calls to action
- Ensure consistent adherence to the sites brand guidelines for all marketing materials
- Provide and maintain updated information regarding marketing collateral, photography, and videos
- Work collaboratively with Director of Property Marketing to create results-generating interactive experiences
- Drive the design process, from initial project conception, to visualization, to end product delivery
- Stay current with recent trends in design and digital marketing
- Bring brand positioning to life through websites, landing pages, email campaigns, online advertising, video, infographics, applications and more
- Execute print production processes as well as coordinate distribution, ensuring all materials and communications are timely, accurate, and effective
- Select photography to be used in assigned projects as well as changing out imagery
- Review and adjust art assets to maintain a high standard of aesthetic quality
- Experience with Brand development and creation
- Work with photographers to ensure composition, colors, and subject matter meet the requirements of the project and brand standards
- Visual oversight of creative product from inception through completion to help ensure a high level of quality and integrity of concept
- Proactively explore and recommend various vendors
- Follow up with vendors for any outstanding, pending, or reoccurring efforts and ensure we are on schedule (print, promotional, etc)
- Research current trends to assure promotional products are competitive in the market
- Work with various vendors assuring the best price and quality are achieved
- Ordering samples of each promo piece to maintain brand quality
- Checking competitor sites and negotiating price per unit if needed
- Working with each site in determining the best promotional piece for their audience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s of Graphic Design required. Experience in student or multifamily housing a plus.
Communicate, facilitate, and collaborate with diverse audiences, ranging from students, parents, and professional networks to property administration and University staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Email, Internet, Outlook, and Microsoft Office applications. Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Suite with focus on InDesign. E-mail and web design or videography experience a plus.
Ability to read, write, collaborate, analyze, and interpret general business policies and manuals, safety procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff and vendors. A visionary, detail-oriented, and highly collaborative work style is crucial.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Proactive, evidence based, solution focused, innovative, flexible, adaptable, open to change.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.