POSITION TITLE: Porter
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt (from overtime)
LOCATION (CORP/PROP): Property Level – The Stack at College Station,TX
FULL-TIME/PART TIME: Full-Time
The Porter is responsible for assisting in the cleanliness and upkeep of the student housing community. The porter is responsible for keeping the exterior and common areas of the property clean. The property may include all or some of the following components: offices, resident rooms, laundry facilities, study lounges, swimming pools, parking areas, fitness center, activity center and outdoor grilling area. Other amenity areas not identified may exist. The Porter assures that the entire community is maintained at the highest level of excellence to offer residents and team members a positive experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
- Assists in performing daily tasks which will maintain the curb appeal of the facilities.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Manager which may include picking up trash, blowing the parking area and sidewalks, etc.
- Daily trash removal as directed.
- Housekeeping duties in all areas as directed, which will include dusting, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows, cleaning, replacing light bulbs as needed and any other upkeep requirement necessary as instructed.
- Periodically shampoo carpets, wax floors, spot clean furniture and other similar activities.
- Maintaining and cleaning pool and spa.
- Any activity or task that takes place on a student residential community may be asked of you at any time and is included in other tasks as assigned.
- During performance of duties, documents and reports items to Management requiring repair or any suspicious or unlawful items around the facility or students, guests or people unauthorized at the community that are not conducting themselves in a community oriented way or conducting illegal activity.
- Able to work on‐call (as necessary and/or an emergency arises) and extended hours (including after hours and weekends)
Perform Administrative Tasks:
- Complete and submit required reports by deadlines set by supervisor
- Participate fully in the conception, preparation, and administration of Move-In and Move-Out
Be a Team Player:
- Assists team by offering support for community functions
- Encourage positive attitude for and abide by SMG missions and values.
- Model and encourage a “whatever it takes” attitude among staff.
- Participate in all staff training and orientation.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to all weekly staff meetings and any special/emergency meetings
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude and manner in all work relationships.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma and 1-2 years of maintenance experience. CPO Certification preferred, but not required.
Ability to read, write, and interpret general business policies and manuals, safety procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, parents, prospective tenants, university officials, vendors, and the public
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the physical nature of this position, the individual must be able to pick up and/or move between 25 to 75lbs. regularly, pick up and move heavy items as needed (e.g. blower, ladder, etc.), and climb up and down stairs and ladders. This position requires work to be performed in both indoor and outdoor environments, in both hot and cold temperatures. This position requires the associate to be on his/her feet for extended periods.