Location: University of Louisiana- Monroe
Summary of the Role
The Maintenance Technician will work under the supervision of the General Manager and Maintenance Supervisor assisting in the cleanliness and upkeep of a privatized student housing community. The facility may include all or some of the following components: offices, resident rooms, laundry facilities, study lounges, swimming pools, parking areas, fitness center, activity center and outdoor grilling area. Other amenity areas not identified may exist. Responsible for maintaining and repairing physical building structures and common grounds at the community.
- Assists in performing daily tasks which will maintain the curb appeal of the facilities.
- Daily pick-up of exterior community grounds.
- Daily trash removal as directed.
- Housekeeping duties in all areas as directed, which will include dusting, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows, cleaning, replacing light bulbs as needed and any other upkeep requirement necessary as instructed.
- Periodically will be asked to shampoo carpets, wax floors, spot clean furniture and other similar activities.
- Assist in the completion of preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Assist with work orders and work order management.
- During performance of duties, documents and reports items to Management requiring repair or any suspicious or unlawful items around the facility or students, guests or people unauthorized at the community that are not conducting themselves in a community oriented way or conducting illegal activity.
- Any activity or task that takes place on a student residential community may be asked of you at any time and is included in other tasks as assigned.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English in order to effectively communicate with other staff and supervisors and to provide outstanding customer service to residents living at the community.
- Knowledge how to use a computer for basic data entry
- Must be able to complete tasks in a quick and timely manner
- Must be self-directed.
- Must be able to lift weight as much as 50 lbs. to waist level and 25 lbs. above the head.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
2 years of experience preferred, but not required, as a housekeeper or porter or other maintenance related position in student housing, multifamily or the hospitality industry.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
We offer a full range of employee benefits including:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription coverage
- Flex Spending Account for medical expenses.
- Short and Long-term disability benefits
- Voluntary Basic Term Life/ AD&D Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation time beginning year 1 of employment
- 10 paid Holidays per year
- Direct deposit of payroll
T_he preferred applicant will be required to undergo and successfully complete any relevant background check and drug screening._
Servitas Management Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time