Worker Category: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Responsible for maintaining and repairing physical building structures and common grounds at the community. The facility may include office, resident rooms, laundry facilities, study lounges, parking area, dining area/kitchen, and gym and/or activity center/community room clubhouse. This position reports to the Community Manager of the property.
- Performs and/or supervises the daily tasks necessary to maintain the curb appeal and physical integrity of the facility.
- Provides daily maintenance service to residents’ units as requested by resident via work order system.
- Coordinates with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to stay current on move-out and move-in schedules in order to perform maintenance on vacated make-ready vacant units.
- Develops and implements a preventative maintenance program.
- Coordinates and supervises all work performed by outside contractors.
- Develops and maintains rapport with outside vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Solicits and reviews outside bids for services.
- Oversees and maintains Key Control Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains positive customer service with residents.
- Maintains curb appeal and cleanliness of the property at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Purchases and maintains the inventory needed on-site to perform daily maintenance duties.
- Develops annual maintenance plan to align with the repair and maintenance needs of the community.
- Assists with the development of the Cap Ex plans.
- Maintains a monthly maintenance budget.
- Prepares for annual turn.
- Compiles a variety of reports relating to the maintenance operations of the property.
- Participates when necessary in an on-call rotational duty for evening/weekend hour emergency response.
- Responds to emergency maintenance calls.
- Maintains accurate records for furniture, keys, and fixture inventories.
- Inventories all tools and equipment used in maintenance activities and ensure tools and equipment are maintained in good and safe working condition.
- Supervises and coordinates work shifts for Assistant(s) and Housekeeping/Porter, as applicable.
- Assists in the hiring and training of the necessary personal for the maintenance and housekeeping departments, including OSHA training and all relevant reporting.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must read, write, speak and understand English in order to effectively communicate with other staff and supervisors and to provide outstanding customer service to residents living at the community.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to write and compose informational communication materials.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with co-workers, subordinates, residents of the facility and university personnel, with a positive attitude and a strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to direct people and assign and delegate work, problem solve, answer questions, and evaluate results of performance.
- Must be able to communicate and understand all verbal and written information and instructions.
- Must be able to verbalize and write well to facility safety, work completion and other necessary communication.
Physical Skill Requirements
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to lift weight as much as 50 lbs. to waist level and 25 lbs. above the head.
- 3-5years previous experience in maintenance role with increasing responsibility preferred.
- Experience/ knowledge of commune maintenance activities such as HVAC, swimming pool maintenance, and plumbing and electrical systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current EPA and HVAC Certification required.
We offer a full range of employee benefits including:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription coverage
- Flex Spending Account for medical expenses, dependent care expenses.
- Short and Long-term disability benefits
- Voluntary Basic Term Life/ AD&D Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Direct deposit of payroll
The preferred applicant will be required to undergo and successfully complete any relevant background check and drug screening.
Servitas Management Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.